My tried and true backdrops and sites for a stunning engagement session in Birmingham, AL! By no means is this a comprehensive list, but it’s the places my couples choose the most frequently! Here’s a bonus tip: For every location, bring a different outfit- This will give you way more variation and options in your gallery and you’ll be grateful!
1. Southside Baptist Church – Between the stairs, columns, white marble, and sprinkles of green- this location is top tier! Just be sure not to go on a Sunday morning or afternoon or you’ll have a lot of church friends in your photoshoot too!
2. South Highland Presbyterian Church – Can you even believe this European inspired location is in Birmingham?!
3. Downtown Parking Deck – A beauty, and a major favorite is the city has played a part in your love story! It does get windy up here so I don’t recommend it for winter sessions unless you’ve been waiting to break out a fabulous white fur coat!
4. The Federal Building – She’s a classic! Another marble location with tons of beautiful columns and stairs! Different from Southside Baptist because certain angles give you the city building backdrop and the gold detailing on this building is such a sweet detail!
5. Birmingham Botanical Gardens – For my flower and greenery lovers! It’s beautiful in all 4 seasons and offers a great variety of backdrops!
6. A Sentimental/Personal Place (Think First date/Fav Coffee Shop) – I love these! Whether it’s your first date spot or favorite place to hang out together – it brings such a personal and fun touch to the session. This can be local or we can travel! I love a good 30a engagement session!
7. A Large Field – I love this one for couples that are more outdoorsy and or casual! It can be fun to do one dressy location and then one casual location and this is perfect for that. You can do casual fall/winter outfits like below or spring/summer sundress vibes with your groom in jeans and a henley!
There you have it! My top 7 engagement session locations! I hope this helped you and as always, email me if you have any questions! email@example.com