What goes in a details box? Why is it important? A details box is just a box of all the beautiful details of your wedding for your photographer to take flay lay/detail images of!
Putting this all the details in this box and having it ready prevents your photographer from having to interrupt your morning or your hair and makeup on wedding day!
You can put these items in a spare amazon box or shoe box- doesn’t have to be fancy!
Here is what to include for the most amazing flat lay images:
- 2 copies of your full invitation suite! (Invitation, RSVP card, additional cards, vellum wrap, belly band etc.)
- 2 envelopes from your wedding suite (I love when couples put their married names and married home address on the outside!)
- Extra florals!! This is VITAL to fabulous flat lay images- email your florist and just give them a heads up of what time I will arrive and that I’ll want some of their florals for details photos and that the more they can provide the merrier!
- All 3 rings! Your engagement ring and both of your wedding bands
- A pretty ring box or ring tray ! You can use anything from a ginger plate, velvet ring box, or even creative things like an oyster or flower pottery!
- Your wedding shoes
- Anything sentimental your including in your wedding day
- A welcome box/bag if you have them and want them photographed!
- A table linen if you have a really cool feature linen on your cake or head table! We can use this as a backdrop for the full flat lay
- Your painted champagne bottle if you have one
- Your wedding day perfume
- Your earrings
- Extra wax seals (if you used them)
- Extra vintage stamps (if you used them)
- If you have a handbag you love and used at the rehearsal dinner or will use at the wedding
- Any accessories your incorporating in the day like parasols, sunglasses, a bow, gloves, etc!
- Your champagne flutes or if you have a fun signature drink glass! (include 2 of them!)
- Dinner name cards if they are hand written or extra beautiful!
- Any other little things that look and feel like your wedding design, feel free to include them! (tassels, bows, miniature vases, trays, etc)
Be sure to put the box in a set spot that your MOH and Planner know about! That way your MOH can point your photographer in the right direction when they arrive!
As always, any questions? I got you! Happy Wedding Planning and Marriage, friend!